Dr. Stella Tsani
Senior Researcher, ICRE8
Dr Stella Tsani holds a PhD in Economics and Business from the University of Reading, UK. She obtained her BSc degree in Economics from the National and Kapodistiran University of Athens, Greece and Exeter University, UK and her MA degree in Business and Management in Emerging Markets from the University of Reading, UK. Her research interests focus on resource economics, energy, development, political economy, macroeconomics and socio-economic analysis. She has led research in projects funded by the European Commission (FP7, Horizon 2020) and various Directorates (DGENV, DGENER), the World Bank, Revenue Watch Institute USA, etc. She has worked for the Centre for Euro Asian studies in the UK, Europrism in Cyprus, the Public Finance Monitoring Centre in Azerbaijan, the Bank of Greece, the Institute of Energy for South East Europe and the E3MLab at the National Technical University of Athens in Greece. She has also worked for the UK Foreign Office Chevening Fellowship Program in Energy Economics hosted by the University of Reading. She held lectureship posts at the University of Reading, Kainar University and the Mediterranean College. She has published in leading peer-reviewed journals including: Economics Letters, Resources Policy, Energy Economics, Economic Systems, etc.
- Green growth and win-win strategies for sustainable climate action (GREEN-WIN), European Union Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (2015-2018).
- Modelling support in relation to the new reference scenario as well as policies on energy efficiency and renewable energies, European Commission, DG ENER (2015).
- Study on actual GHG data for diesel, petrol, kerosene and natural gas. European Commission, DG ENER (2015).
- Economy wide analysis-Romania, World Bank (2015).
- Advanced model development and validation for improved analysis of costs and impacts of mitigation policies (ADVANCE), European Commission, DG Research (2014-2016).
- Study assessing the employment and social impact of energy efficiency, European Commission, DG Energy (2014).
- GEM-E3 model developments and data documentation, European Commission, DG Research (2014).
- Macroeconomic development in Catalonia in horizon 2030. Assessing the effects of possible secession from Spain, Barcelona Centre for International Affairs (2013-2015).
- GEM-E3 model update and secondary income distribution data, model developments and data documentation, European Commission, DG Research (2013-2014).
- GEM-E3 model definition for the study on energy prices and costs, European Commission, DG Research (2013).
- Social impact policy analysis of technological innovation challenges (SIMPATIC), European Commission, DG Research (2013).
- Macroeconomic volatility and fiscal policy in resource rich countries, Research Promotion Foundation of Cyprus (2012-2014).
- World Input-Output database: Construction and applications (WIOD), European Commission, DG Research (2012).
- Framework contract for long-range energy modelling for the period up to 2050, European Commission, DG Research (2011-2014).
- Assessment of climate change mitigation pathways and evaluation of the robustness of mitigation cost estimates (AMPERE), European Commission, DG Research (2011-2012).
- Development of methods and tools for evaluation of research (DEMETER), European Commission, DG Research (2011).
- Biomass role in achieving the climate change and renewables EU policy targets. Demand and supply dynamics under the perspective of stakeholders-Biomass futures, European Commission, DG Research (2011).
- Model based assessment of EU energy and climate change policies for post-2012 regime, European Commission, DG Research (2011).
- Prospective analysis for the Mediterranean Region (MEDPRO), Socio-economic Sciences & Humanities Programme of DG Research of the European Commission’s 7th Framework Research Programme (2010-2013).
- Caspian basin approach to oil funds in the face of the global financial crisis: challenges, predictability and recommendations for the way forward, Revenue Watch Institute, USA (2008-2010).
- Further developments in applied general equilibrium energy and climate policy modelling (CEPAM), European Commission, DG Research (2008).
- Energy outlook for the South East Europe, Institute of Energy for South-East Europe (2007-2009).
- Sectoral emission reduction potentials and economic costs of climate change (SERPEC), European Commission, DG Research (2006).
- Modelling of energy technologies prospective in a general and partial equilibrium framework (MENGTECH), European Commission, DG Research (2006).
- Modelling R&D for sustainable development. R and D for SD, European Commission, DG Research (2005).