SMIRES: Science and Management of Intermittent Rivers and Ephemeral Streams (H2020)
This Action will bring together hydrologists, biogeochemists, ecologists, environmental economists, social researchers and stakeholders from 14 different countries to develop a research network for synthesising the fragmented and recent knowledge on IRES, improving our understanding of IRES ecology, and translating this into science-based, sustainable management of river networks.
Funded by: EC-DG Research - H2020 COST Action: European Cooperation in Science & Technology
Call: Cost Action, Horizon 2020
Budget: € 300,000
- SMIRES H2020 COST Action Working Group 2 Meeting took place in Pecs, Hungary
- SMIRES Project brochures now available in different languages
- Deadlines approaching for 2 STSM calls - A very good opportunity, especially for early career investigators
- New article: “Science and Management of Intermittent Rivers and Ephemeral Streams (SMIRES)" published in Research Ideas and Outcomes
- Upcoming SMIRES WG2 workshop
- The SMIRES forum of young researchers (FYR) is starting up
- Two New ICRE8 Projects!
- 1st SMIRES Management Committee (MC) meeting - Brussels, March 11th 2016
- SMIRES Cross WG meeting held in Lyon