Designing National Budgets: Translating Global Commitments into Realities
On 19/4 at 8:40 am EDT, Prof. Koundouri led the Breakout session on “budgeting for a sustainable economic recovery” at the webinar of the Parliamentary Leadership for the 2030 Agenda Series on Designing National Budgets: Translating Global Commitments into Realities. organized by SDSN, Parliamentarians for the Global Goals, and UHC2030.
8:00 am EDT Opening Remarks
- Jeffrey Sachs, President, Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
8:10 am EDT Overview. Designing National Budgets
Moderation: Ms. Gabriela Cuevas Barron, Co-Chair of the UHC2030 Steering Committee
- Ahmed Al-Mandhari, Regional Director of WHO EMRO
- Fernando Aportela, Professor of Finance at the Autonomous Technological Institute of Mexico (TBC)
- Elisabeth Hege, Research Fellow, Sustainable Development Governance
8:40 am EDT Breakout Sessions
Participants will proceed to a breakout session to discuss one of the three topics that they have chosen during their registration.
- Breakout session on budgeting for health, led by Dr. Aminu Magashi Garba, Africa Health Budget Network
- Breakout session on budgeting for a sustainable economic recovery, led by Dr. Phoebe Koundouri, Athens University of Economics and Business; Fellow at the World Academy of Art and Science; President-elect of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists
- Breakout session on budgeting for education, led by Manos Antoninis, UNESCO Sessions will begin with short (10 minute) presentations from the session leaders. Parliamentarians may comment on their own initiatives or field questions relating to the topic of the breakout session of their
9:45 am EDT Closing Remarks
- Kirsten Brosbøl, Founder, Parliamentarians for the Global Goals
Learn more and watch the main points of the webinar: https://www.unsdsn.org/designing-national-budgets-translating-global-commitments-into-realities.