Vacancy - Communications Officer
Duration: 3-month (assuming good performance, you will move into a long-term contract)
Location: Athens, Greece
Minimum Requirements: Excellent knowledge of English language, advanced computer skills
If you have excellent communications skills, outstanding knowledge of English language and advanced computer skills you could be what we’re looking for on our Communications officer vacancy.
• Undergraduate or master’s degree or have 1 – 3 years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Advanced computer skills, Proficient MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and social media platforms
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
We would love to see:
• Outstanding record of academic achievement
• Exceptional analytical skills and excellent critical thinking
OUR CLUSTER OF INSTITUTIONS
Our cluster of Institutions is composed of UN SDSN Greece, EIT Climate-KIC Hub Greece and ReSEES laboratory, director of which is Professor Phoebe Koundouri. United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UN SDSN) mobilizes global scientific and technological expertise to promote practical solutions for sustainable development. The Greek chapter, SDSN Greece, works closely with other United Nations agencies, multilateral financing institutions, the private sector and civil society to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement in Greece. Research laboratory on Socio-Economic and Environmental Sustainability- ReSEES founded by Prof. Phoebe Koundouri, does policy relevant interdisciplinary research on environmental, natural resources and energy issues supporting the understanding and implementation of Sustainable Development.
EIT Climate-KIC is a European knowledge and innovation community, working towards a prosperous, inclusive, climate-resilient society founded on a circular, zero-carbon economy. The EIT Climate-KIC is part of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) and the EIT Community. The EIT is a body of the European Union and a global innovation leader, delivering world class solutions to societal problems. EIT Climate-KIC Hub Greece is hosted by the ATHENA Research and Innovation Center, a Public Research Center, under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs. UN SDSN Greece, EIT Climate-KIC Greece (ATHENA RC) and ReSEES (AUEB) are clustering their activities towards the common aim of facilitating the implementation of the urgently needed sustainability transition
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 researchers, playing an active role in all aspects of the network engagement. This includes gathering and analyzing information, writing, editing and distributing content including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities.
- You will collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- You will respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization. You will establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- You will seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- You will maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.